6.21.2013

On Travel Writing

There are many kinds of travel writing. I can say this with authority, because I took a class on it one time in college. I was so looking forward to learning exactly how to do travel writing, and I had such high hopes that everything would be interesting and then--

It was a terrible class.

Boring. boring. boring! Everything we read was boring. Dry, melancholic authors who were so jaded by the travel experience that they could not string two sentences together without interrupting them with a jaded modernist sigh. Needless to say, I learned nothing.

This is not going to be that sort of travel writing. You won't find any cynicism here. This is a blog, by Django! Expect pictures. Fun facts. I will even throw in all caps when I SEE THE BEST THINGS EVAR!

ahem. Well, I am a little allergic to all-capsing (sometimes it threatens to capsize a blog post), but if John Adams can do it, by Vanderkemp, so can I!

To keep up to date with my travels, you should do one of the following:

1. Subscribe to blog. You can do this if you have blogger.
2. Click on links I post on facebook. And you can comment either on facebook or on blog. Let's be real, I exist in both places at once.
3. Email me soliloquies about how much you miss me; I will read them, reply a little, and throw a blog link at you, because I believe in efficiency of typing.

I wish I could give you a regular schedule to look forward to, but wifi is not guaranteed in all places at all times.

No comments: